Our Beautiful Family 2014

Our Beautiful Family 2014

Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Hurricane

Since moving to the DC area, we've experienced tornadic weather, blizzards, earthquakes (yes, two of them), and now, a major hurricane. Why do you all keep asking for us to move back to the west?...we're the ones who live in an exciting part of the country!!! :)

We fared pretty well during hurricane Irene. Our power went out about 3 times in the middle of the night, but came on within a few minutes each time. Even the kids slept through the whole thing. Dane and I went out on the porch at about midnight so that we could say we "experienced" the hurricane. Then at 2:00 we woke up with the wind howling pretty constantly. I didn't dare go out on the porch this time! I couldn't sleep for quite a while. Later after checking the news, it showed Germantown having gusts up to 63 mph! It was kind of fun/creepy/interesting/unnerving all at the same time. I told Dane that if there were another hurricane in our lifetime, much bigger than this one, we would pack up and head out! Gratefully we're all safe and sound - including our van! :)

Jacey will start school tomorrow. She and Janae received a father's blessing tonight from Daddy. It was a memory I will always treasure! It will be weird having a schedule to keep each day, and I'm predicting that Janae will become bored quickly. I'm looking forward to some more one on one time with her. Eric is almost crawling. Tonight he got his arms and one of his legs going. Once he gets the other, he's going to be one happy champ!

Thanks for all your prayers on our behalf! Have a great last week of August!

1 comment:

  1. Starting school is quite a big deal, for the kid and the mom, especially with your first. I am sure that Jacey will thrive at school. Any teacher would love to have her! Xander remembered getting a father's blessing before school last year and made sure dad didn't forget this year! Truly treasured memories. Just the angelic look on his face after the blessing, both times. Aren't we blessed?

    ReplyDelete