Our Beautiful Family 2014
Thursday, August 29, 2013
An Extra Special Project
This is something extra special that I started working on MONTHS ago. I got the idea from my friend, Karen, who had made a special binder for her children when they were going to be baptized. I decided to do the same. I wanted something that would be simple, personal, spiritual, and fun. I LOVED doing this! I would wake up extra early in the morning to work on a page or two. I studied from the scriptures, Church manuals such as Preach My Gospel, True to the Faith, The Friend Magazine, and tried to teach about faith, repentance, baptism, the Holy Ghost, prayer, the commandments, etc. It is a very powerful learning experience when you, yourself, have to understand things well enough to be able to explain it simply and succinctly. I included activities to do (coloring, drawing, stories from the Friend magazine, other activities from the Friend) with each section. This, I hope, will become a treasure to my children, as it already is to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment