Our Beautiful Family 2014

Our Beautiful Family 2014

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Happy New Year!

Hello! I've had a few requests to update our blog. :) (Thanks for the gentle reminders). And some requests for pictures of our place - that will come in the near future...after I de-clutter the house a little bit. :) Here are a few glimpses into our family life right now... Bike Riding!!! Since moving to AZ, we have become a bike-loving family! We ride all the time. Both Jacey and Janae have learned to ride w/out training wheels, and now Eric rides his (with training wheels, of course). Janae also got a new bike for her birthday (not yet pictured here on the blog).
Hiking with Cousins!!! It's been so fun to live close to family. The kids got to hike "A" Mountain with their cousins. They did a great job and had a lot of fun. Eric's favorite part was riding the light rail (choo-choo train) to get to the base of the mountain.
Cute little people!
Potty-Training!!! This is one of those things I don't look forward to as a Mom. :) I didn't want to push Eric too much, I wanted HIM to show some interest. One day, he saw a car transporter at the store. He told me he wanted it, I said "If you learn to go potty and wear big boy underwear, I'll buy you that truck." The very next day, he told me he wanted to wear underwear! So, we did it! Not too much later, he pretty well mastered the potty. So, we went shopping and got his reward. Notice that he even wanted to carry it in the car on the way home. :)
Birthdays!!! November and December are always a blur for me. That's because almost everyone's birthdays are celebrated within 2 weeks of each other. The kids really enjoyed their special day. It was extra special for Jacey because she turned 8 and was Baptized and Confirmed! We sure love our growing kiddos!!! Jacey - 8!
Decorating cupcakes with cousins. Notice Janae's expression on her face...she had just spilled the sprinkles. ;)
Janae - 6!
Janae got to have a party this year. It was a "Pink Pajama Pancake Party!" She had a really fun time!
Eric - 3!
Look at that face!! I think that's the weirdest contortion he's ever been able to do with his face. I guess that happens when you get up early so that you can open presents before sisters head off to school! :)
This was definitely his favorite gift! (And the cars that went with it)
Jacey's Baptism & Confirmation!!! Mom and Jacey had some fun doing a little photo shoot in her Baptism dress.
The actual day of her Baptism was so special! We are proud of our sweet girl for making the decision to be Baptized and Confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She looked forward to it for so long, and prepared well. She even read the Book of Mormon all the way through. She's a shining example. The best words to describe her that day would be: "Radiant" and "Angelic." We love you sweet girl, and congratulations!!!
And a big thank you to everyone who supported Jacey on her special day. We love you all!
A Few Random Projects... I don't get to do many "fun" projects any more, but I did get to do these recently and I'm pleased with the way they turned out... The first is an old dresser my parents brought for us to use. It used to be a 2-toned mustard color with big round painted knobs. I broke those knobs off, sanded, painted, put on new hardware...and voila - a dresser for the girls' room. I love how it turned out!
The second was a Christmas present for my parents. I had a hard time knowing what to get them this year, but this idea suddenly came to me when I was outside admiring a pretty tree. I made them a family tree out of some pressed/dried fall-colored leaves. I want one for myself some day! :)

2 comments:

  1. Patti! You guys are so awesome! I love hearing about all that you've been up to...especially Jacey's baptism. She is such an amazing girl...and you are an amazing mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is amazing! I can't believe how big your kids are getting. Congratulations to Jacey. I found the sweetest note from her in some of my stuff the other day. I should take a picture and send it to you. I think of you guys all the time and am glad to see things are going so well. You all look very happy. AND, I should plan a trip to come see you sometime since we are state neighbors now. Or if you are itching to get out of town, you have a place to crash in Vegas :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete