Our Beautiful Family 2014

Our Beautiful Family 2014

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My Little Cuties

My girls did some cute things that I wanted to share...

A few days ago, around lunchtime, Jacey came into my room with a smile on her face and said "Mom, don't come in until I say so!" "Okay," I said. A few minutes later after I heard plates and forks/knives banging around she said, "Okay, come in!" I came into the dining room to find that she had set out 3 plates with two slices of bread on each, placed peanut butter, jam, knives, and carrots on the table. She had prepared lunch for the day! So sweet! As we were cleaning up the lunch, I was thinking to my self that I would sweep the kitchen floor and wash it really quick before our story time. As I was finishing the dishes, I saw Jacey get the broom out and start sweeping the kitchen floor - can this child read my mind?!! I told her how happy I was for all her help and that she was listening to the Spirit to help Mommy in special ways.

Last night, after I put the girls to bed, I was reading on the couch when Janae came bouncing in and asked "Mom, tomorrow can I play dodge ball with you? (Her version of dodge ball consists of her sitting on her little couch, she throws the ball to me, I throw it back, but it one of us drops it, then it's a race to see who gets the ball first). She looked at me with with her big hazel eyes and I melted, smiled, and said "Yes, now go to bed, see you in the morning!" She bounced back to bed... This morning as I was rolling out of bed, she came bouncing in the bedroom with a smile on her face and first thing she said was, "Now can we play dodge ball Mom?" Again, I melted, smiled, and said "Sure!" So we had a fun game of dodge ball first thing this morning.

I have some pretty cute little girls! I love them to pieces!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Enjoy every moment that those kind of things happen! Just wait 'till that little man gets there... He will have all the loving "little mommies" he (and you) can handle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, they are completely adorable! It's one thing for a kid to be helpful when asked, but how sweet to see her taking so much initiative in doing the things that need to be done every day! What a good mom you are, Patti! I miss you elevating influence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Lemon Family! I just came across your blog from Angela (Zeyer) Stark's. Congratulations on baby boy coming soon!!! We have a blog, but it is private, so if you want an invite, send me an email at meliljenquist@hotmail.com

    Maggie and Jake Liljenquist

    ReplyDelete